PORTAGE DU FORT
Aug. 9, 2017
Residents of Portage du Fort may soon be able to drink the water from their taps, after being under a boil water advisory for over two weeks.
According to councillor Bob Simpson, there was a major computer issue at the new water treatment plant on July 21 that forced them to shut down and revert to their old treatment plant, causing a boil water advisory to go out.
The computer issue was resolved last week but another technical issue on Thursday prevented the plant from reopening.
Simpson said they hope to have the plant back online early this week, but added that even after the plant returns to operation they will still need to wait on the results of government water testing.
Until told otherwise, residents are advised to boil their water for at least two minutes before consuming it.
This article is available only to subscribers to THE EQUITY (home delivery or online) who have registered for the News Alerts Service.
If you have already registered for THE EQUITY’s News Alerts Service, please log in here.
If you wish to register for the News Alerts Service, you may register below. (For online subscribers please use the same email address used for your online subscription.)