Petawawa Kia

Firefighters battle blaze, knock out wall

Local firefighters clean up after responding to a house fire on Sunnyside Avenue in Shaville Jan. 3. Trucks from Bristol and Campbell’s Bay also responded to the call, as is standard procedure for structural fires.

Firefighters had to cut out a section of exterior wall while battling a blaze in Shawville on Jan. 3. A heater in a kitchen cupboard is believed to be the source of the fire.

SHAWVLLE Jan. 3, 2017
Multiple fire crews were called after a kitchen blaze in Shawville got out of control on Wednesday.
Shortly after noon on Jan. 3, firefighters from the Shawville-Clarendon Department responded to an address on Sunnyside Avenue where smoke was emanating from the rear of the house.
Shawville-Clarendon Fire Chief Lee Laframboise said that the fire began in a kitchen cupboard and quickly spread to the exterior wall.
“All inside the kitchen cupboard was burnt, like right under the counter, and it started in the wall, so we had to cut the wall out,” he said. “We didn’t cut the studs, we just cut the wood between them and got the fire out that way.”

This article is available only to subscribers to THE EQUITY (home delivery or online) who have registered for the News Alerts Service. If you have already registered for THE EQUITY’s News Alerts Service, please log in here. If you wish to register for the News Alerts Service, you may register below. (For online subscribers please use the same email address used for your online subscription.)

Existing Users Log In
New User Registration
*Required field

You must be logged in to post a comment Login