Propane tank sparks fire at transfer station

CLARENDON June 14, 2019
Fire crews responded to a call at the local transfer station on Friday morning, after a ruptured propane tank exploded and set some compacted garbage alight. Thankfully no one was injured and damage to the site was minimal.
Shawville Clarendon Fire Chief Lee Laframboise said that he got the call to the facility, operated by Tom Orr Cartage on the Seventh Line in Clarendon, just before 9 a.m. He said that workers were loading up trucks when a loader struck the cylinder.


*  This article is available only to subscribers of the Premium or Online Edition memberships.  *

If you have already subscribed please login using your email address and password. If not then please subscribe to the online edition using our Subscribe page.