Pontiac August 4, 2021
No news is good news as no significant COVID-19 updates have been reported by the Quebec government. However, two mobile clinics are scheduled for the Pontiac in August. On August 12, it will be in Fort Coulonge from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and on August 17, it will make its way to Otter Lake between 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Regional active figures moved up slightly as the Outaouais had 11 active cases (12,597 total, 12,371 recovered) as of August 2, 2021, up one from July 26. There were zero hospitalizations at the designated COVID-19 centre in Hull, with zero people in intensive care. The regional death toll did not rise from last Monday, and stood at 215 as of August 2.
Within the RLS Pontiac, the CISSSO listed the following cumulative numbers on August 2*:
- Municipality of Pontiac: 126 (no increase)
- Mansfield et Pontefract: 98 (no increase)
- Fort Coulonge: 48 (no increase)
- Shawville: 34 (no increase)
- Campbell’s Bay: 16 (no increase)
- Waltham: 10 (no increase)
- Bryson: 10 (no increase)
- Otter Lake: 8 (no increase)
- L’Île du Grand Calumet: 8 (no increase)
- L’Isle aux Allumettes: 6 (no increase)
- Bristol, Litchfield, Portage du Fort (five or less (minimum one case)
- Sheenboro, Thorne: five or less (minimum one case)
(*It is important to note that none of these figures represent the active
FREE ACCESS FOR EQUITY SUBSCRIBERS
This article is available free to all subscribers to The Equity. If you are a subscriber, please enter your email address and password below.
SET UP YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT
If you are a subscriber but have not yet set up your online account, please contact Liz Draper at email@example.com to do so.
HOW TO BECOME A SUBSCRIBER