Pontiac August 9, 2021
Last Thursday, after a significant upward trend of new COVID-19 cases, the Quebec government announced it would implement a vaccine passport system.
The system will guarantee access to non-essential services for those that have been double-vaccinated. Further details on the system are expected in the coming weeks.
Regional active figures moved up significantly for the first time since April. Outaouais had 25 active cases (12,635 total, 12,392 recovered) as of August 9, 2021, up 14 from August 2. There were zero hospitalizations at the designated COVID-19 centre in Hull. The regional death toll did not rise from last Monday, and stood at 215 as of August 9.
Within the RLS Pontiac, the CISSSO listed the following cumulative numbers on August 9*:
- Municipality of Pontiac: 126 (no increase)
- Mansfield et Pontefract: 98 (no increase)
- Fort Coulonge: 48 (no increase)
- Shawville: 34 (no increase)
- Campbell’s Bay: 16 (no increase)
- Waltham: 10 (no increase)
- Bryson: 10 (no increase)
- Otter Lake: 8 (no increase)
- L’Île du Grand Calumet: 8 (no increase)
- L’Isle aux Allumettes: 6 (no increase)
- Bristol, Litchfield, Portage du Fort (five or less,
minimum one case)
- Sheenboro, Thorne: five or less (minimum one case)
(*It is important to note that none of these figures represent the active case situation)
FREE ACCESS FOR EQUITY SUBSCRIBERS
This article is available free to all subscribers to The Equity. If you are a subscriber, please enter your email address and password below.
SET UP YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT
If you are a subscriber but have not yet set up your online account, please contact Liz Draper at email@example.com to do so.
HOW TO BECOME A SUBSCRIBER