Saturday, July 13, 2024
NewsTop Story

Post-Christmas fire claims workshop

By Liz Draper
SHAWVILLE
Dec. 27, 2023
Smoke could be seen across much of Shawville late afternoon on Dec. 27, as 24 firefighters responded to a call about a workshop on fire on Hilton Avenue.
Shawville-Clarendon Fire Chief Lee Laframboise said the call was received around 4:30 p.m.
Firefighters were able to keep the fire contained and no one was injured. Damage to the building was extensive, and most of the items inside, along with a 4-wheeler outside, were destroyed. Firefighters were able to drag away a snowmobile, sparing it from being completely destroyed.
Laframboise said the owner had been working with tools in the shop earlier in the afternoon and, while the exact cause of the fire is still to be determined, it is believed a propane tank exploded when ignited by lingering sparks.

Firefighters from the Shawville-Clarendon Fire Department responded quickly to a call about a workshop fire on Dec. 27. It was almost a complete loss, however they were able to drag a snowmobile away with minimal damage.

FREE ACCESS FOR EQUITY SUBSCRIBERS

This article is available free to all subscribers to The Equity. If you are a subscriber, please enter your email address and password below.

SET UP YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT

If you are a subscriber but have not yet set up your online account, please contact Liz Draper at liz@theequity.ca to do so.

HOW TO BECOME A SUBSCRIBER

To become a subscriber to The Equity, please use our Subscribe page or contact liz@theequity.ca