POntiac Sept. 13, 2021
On Sept. 7, during the province’s daily COVID-19 briefing, Quebec Health Minister Christian Dubé said that all health care workers will be suspended without pay if they are not fully vaccinated by Oct. 15. “We cannot accept health care workers putting vulnerable people at risk,” Dubé said.
Increases in regional active cases are up sharply this week in the the Outaouais as the latest data shows 263 active cases (13,329 total, 12,851 recovered) as of Sept. 13, 2021, up 77 from Sept. 6. There are nine hospitalizations at the designated COVID-19 centre in Hull, with three people in intensive care. The regional death toll did not rise from last Monday, and stood at 215 as of Sept. 13.
Within the RLS Pontiac, the CISSSO listed the following cumulative numbers on Sept. 13*:
- Municipality of Pontiac: 127 (no increase)
- Mansfield et Pontefract: 99 (no increase)
- Fort Coulonge: 48 (no increase)
- Shawville: 35 (+1)
- Campbell’s Bay: 17 (no increase)
- Waltham: 11 (no increase)
- Bryson: 10 (no increase)
- Otter Lake: 8 (no increase)
- L’Île du Grand Calumet: 8 (no increase)
- L’Isle aux Allumettes: 8 (no increase)
- Bristol 6 (+1)
- Litchfield, Portage du Fort (five or less minimum
- Sheenboro, Thorne: five or less (minimum one
(*It is important to note that none of these figures represent the active case situation).
FREE ACCESS FOR EQUITY SUBSCRIBERS
This article is available free to all subscribers to The Equity. If you are a subscriber, please enter your email address and password below.
SET UP YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT
If you are a subscriber but have not yet set up your online account, please contact Liz Draper at email@example.com to do so.
HOW TO BECOME A SUBSCRIBER